The Critter Happenings

The tarantulas, mammals, and reptiles (and anything else)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

THEY ARE HERE! I AM A T MOMMY!

They have finally arrived!!! Baby A. versicolors! How cool is this. I am so excited. We have been working to get them all in their own homes all afternoon. I haven't got a full count but somewhere around 45, we knew it was a small sac. They are just adorable. So of course I had to take pictures!

This is right after Jason cut open the egg sac. Its very cool to see this for the first time.

Here they have started coming out of the sac on their own. At first it just looks like a little blue ball of spiders.


Just to show you how small they are, here is one little versi in my hands. I couldn't even feel her when she was walking around.

I have already picked out a few I am keeping! The first one is Bear Jr. in honor of her dad who passed. They are so darn cute, I just can't get over it! I know I'm crazy.


Here is Pops, my first A. versicolor, he lives in a large vial currently. It's hard to believe that he was this small when he hatched!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home